Sunday, July 12, 2009

Linking problem in VS2005 when compilig C++ code?

Hi, I just started using VS2005 for compiling my old C++ code, Actually I was trying to use the new VS2005 interface for my old code, I am getting error when ever I am linking a exe with a static library which in terms linked to other static libraries. But when I convert the exe type to static library its linking correctly. Can you please suggest me what could be the solution for this problem?

Linking problem in VS2005 when compilig C++ code?
nitpicking: you cannot have a linking problem when compiling code. you can only have linking problems when linking object files and/or libraries.





if you "convert" the exe to a library, then other libraries are ignored (a library usually does not include other libraries, unless you specifically say so). therefore the linker does not complain if other libraries are missing.





only exe files need all dependencies; if a dependency is missing, the linker will complain and stop linking.





if you don't post the error messages, it's hard to offer good help.

online florists

No comments:

Post a Comment