Sunday, July 12, 2009

How can I compile C++ code to work on windows?

I'm using basic everyday C++, I don't have access to a windows anymore, but the code I'm using I know works on windows, but I don't know how to compile it so that it can run on windows.

How can I compile C++ code to work on windows?
You will need access to a windows box to be able to compile your code for it. Also you would need a compiler for windows.





If you don't have Visual Studio on windows, check out


- Borland's command line based c++ compiler


- Bloodshed's devcpp IDE which is adequate for simple stuff
Reply:What do you mean?


Q: The programs I write only run off of cmd.exe


A: That's your IDE's fault. There is nothing you can do.





Q: The programs I write can't access any of the MFCs.


A: Usually, you need an include directive (like #include %26lt;windows%26gt;).





Q: My version of windows complains about not being able to run the 16-bit program.


A: Then you have a 16-bit compiler. Again, nothing you can do.





If you want a specific answer, be more specific.


No comments:

Post a Comment